8 November 2011
Nick Matthew Retains World Open Title
Nick Matthew, Hi-Tec Global Squash Ambassador, lived up to his number one seeding to win the PSA World Open Squash Championships at the New Luxor Theatre in Rotterdam.
Matthew signed in 2011a long-term Global sponsorship agreement with Hi-Tec to endorse the brand’s range of performance squash footwear and last year became the first Englishman to be crowned PSA World Open Champion.
The Englishman is the first player for 15 years to defend the sport’s most prestigious title beating Frenchman Gregory Gaultier in a stunning 92-minute final of great fluctuations, high emotions and repeated controversy before a packed crowd in the heart of Holland’s sporting capital.
"Being called 'double World Open champion' - it sounds amazing," said the jubilant Matthew after receiving his trophy - and consigning the Frenchman to his third runner-up finish. "I can't tell you how tough playing Greg is. We've been playing since we were 15 or 16. I have two or three years on him, but it shows how tough he is that even at 16, he was pushing and beating me sometimes when I was 18. He's younger than me and he will get his name on this trophy, no doubt.
PSA World Open, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Final:  Nick Matthew (ENG) bt  Gregory Gaultier (FRA) 6-11, 11-9, 11-6, 11-5 (92m)
- Hi-Tec trail event Ruta Senderismo in Chili great succes (18 December 2013)
- Hi-Tec Zuuk wins Footwear Product of the Year Award at the Great Outdoors Awards 2013 (13 December 2013)
- Australian actor Hayden Christensen prefers Hi-Tec (10 December 2013)
- Nick Matthew Retains World Open Title (8 November 2011)
- October winner - The Infinity-Run (3 November 2011)
- September winner - The Infinity Run (3 October 2011)
ARCHIVO DE NOTICIAS
- December (3)